COVID-19 Update 8/8/2020
We are assembling weekly in our building on Sunday mornings at 9 AM. The deacons and elders have arranged our assembly to meet current restrictions, which include proper distancing. The Zoom videoconference will still be available for those who feel more comfortable in their cars than in the building. There may be one or more classrooms set aside for those who have at-risk factors and choose more distancing. The gathering will include the Lord's Supper (pre-packaged elements will be provided). A couple of songs will be sung outdoors following the assembly (if weather allows).
We hope to begin singing a couple of songs indoors when community conditions improve. The plan will be to do this at the end of our assembly, but MASKS will be REQUIRED. Any who are uncomfortable with this will be given the opportunity to exit the building. A couple more songs will be sung oudoors after ALL have exited the building (if weather allows).
Our Bible classes have been conducted via Zoom videoconference on Sunday at 5 PM and Wednesday at 7 PM. This may change, so members should check their email for additional information. Visitors are encouraged to contact us for more information.
2021 Fall Gospel Meeting at Kelly Spring Road
Our Fall 2021 Gospel Meeting will be September 12-15 with Albert Dickson.
2021 Spring Gospel Meeting at Kelly Spring Road
February 19-21, 2021, we will have a gospel meeting with Kevin Clark, of Birmingham AL.
One or two of the lessons will be dedicated to issues of race and race relations in the church.
Members are invited to send questions to Gary Copeland who will collate them so they can be addressed by brother Clark. We are looking forward to benefiting from his perspective and his understanding of God’s word. It may seem a long way off, but the questions may be fresh on your mind now.
2020 Congregational Theme - Having A Heart For God
Our elders will present lessons based on Learning from the life of David titled, "Having A Heart For God". These typically occur on the third Sunday morning of each month. The topics and tentative dates are listed below:
- Facing Your Giants: Trusting In The Living God (January 19th)
- On Life's Roller Coaster: Handling Life's Highs & Lows (February 16th)
- Returning Good For Evil: Showing Mercy To An Enemy (March 15th)
- Delight in Worship: Proper Perspective In God's Presence (April 19th)
- Keeping Our Word: David's Promise To Jonathan (May 17th)
- Take Heed Lest You Fall: David's Sins (June 21st)
- Dealing With Sin: Remorse And Repentance (July 19th)
- A Life Filled With Prayer: David's Psalms (August 16th)
- A Family Legacy: David's Poor Parenting (September 13th)
- Love For God's Word: Rejoicing Over Great Treasure (October 18th)
- A Spiritual Heritage: Perparation For The Future (November 15th)
- A Man After God's Own Heart (December 20th)